Friday, April 16, 2010

365 Cards Day 42

For Day 42 we've been challenged to do this sketch. 

There were a lot of really inspiring cards with this sketch.  I loved how some others used ric rac for the detailing between the 2 pieces and was originally planning on doing that.  But today I watched the video tutorial Kristina Werner did on her blog - and loved the dotted line she did for the stem of her flower - and so combined the ideas. And I've been loving this dragonfly stamp - just had to decide what to do with it.  The flower itself is from a $1 pack of flowers I got at Michael's yesterday - and then I just sponged some orange onto the tips to bring attention to them a bit more.

Also - this card matches the challenge at Scrap That Poetry #13 - where you create a card inspired by a poem they list.  Their poem meant spring to me - and I think this card says the same thing.


Recipe: Stampin' Up Bigs and Kisses. Patterned paper from DCWV's Doodlin' Around stack.

4 comments:

  1. super cute!! love the dragonfly trail :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, this is gorgeous. Love the sky paper, beautiful dragonfly and the perfect dotted flight line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sweet card....love your bloom and the dragonfly is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever and beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a look. Leave a comment - they make me smile!