Saturday, May 29, 2010

It's an OWH Blog Hop!!!

(*If reading this feels like Deja vu....that's because it is! I have 2 blogs on this hop and due to lack of time didn't change up the text...sorry! There are a few different things in this one though - an extra chance for blog candy and some special deals! I did a different card too.)

Yay! Don't you love blog hops? I know I do!
If you've just come directly here - the start of the blog hop is at OWH Stars & Stamps.  Go there to be able to check out all of the amazingly creative people participating!  There are blog prizes, tutorials, and digital freebies to be had!
If you're following along with the hop, that means you've arrived here from Jennifer's page - doesn't she have beautiful cards? Tempting recipes too! That burger looks delicious!

The mission of Operation Write Home is to "support our nation's armed forces by sending blank greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them."

Initially I found Operation Write Home through the Memorial Day blog hop in 2009.  The day of the hop was the same day that I found out my hubby was on his way home from his 3rd deployment.  Unfortunately, he's deployed yet again, this time to Iraq.
This is one of the many reasons this Operation is close to my heart.  In addition to my hubby's service as an EOD Tech for the Air Force (Seen Hurt Locker? That's what he does....only in a more responsible manner!), both of my grandfather's have served during WWII, an uncle, and a cousin that is also in Iraq right now.  Their service is so inspiring to me and others.

So without further ado - my "miss you" card:
*Recipe: Vellum from Making Memories, Sentiment stamp from Fiskars, Flower stamp from Ippity's Now & Always set.

Now...it's time for the BLOG CANDY! Yay!
I have 2 chances to win some blog candy from me.
  • Become a follower
  • Leave a comment - in addition to being entered for some blog candy - you'll be making a card for OWH - as usual, for each comment left here on this post I will be creating a card. For March's blog hop - between my 2 blogs there were 150 comments! Can you commit me to making more???
Be sure to check back here Tuesday morning to see if you've won! 

One last thing - I am a distributor of Ippity stamps - for this weekend I am offering a special promo
  • $1 from each set purchased will go to OWH
  • 25% off all purchases when you mention OWH at the check out.
  • Shipping for only $.99 each set.
So - leave me a comment, and then head to the next blog from Karrie -She has really great, inspirational creations to share.

71 comments:

  1. Cute card, Erika! I love the star brad in the center of the flower and how you did the DSP on an angle!

    ~Heather
    http://StamptasticCreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A heartfelt prayer for your hubby's safe return and many thanks to him for his service and sacrifice. Love your card and thanks for supporting OWH. Hugs from Stop #66- Loni's Life at www.loniholt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika,
    Great card. I like how you used the vellum.
    I will be praying for you and your husband.
    Thanks so much for your generosity in helping OWH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make more cards! This one is great. Thank you for your service as a military wife.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erika, thanks for the love. I love the star brad in the center of your flower. Praying for your husband's safe return.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling card so cute, and I love your blog!
    Stampin Hugs,
    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  7. CUTE Card!
    itstinkerbelle@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fresh and cute card!! Praying for your hubby's safe return.. Hugs, Createdbyu

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love your card. What a cute blog. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that layered flower! So cute!

    Be sure and thank your husband for his service from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! I love the layered flower! Praying for your husband's safe return! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card!
    Here's to your hubby :0)
    May he return home safe!!!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card! I pray your husband returns to you & your family safely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a cute card! and i just might have to place an ippity order this weekend :)

    hope your husband comes home soon! mine is also deployed to iraq right now ~ 9 more months to go!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...super cute card! Gosh, and two blogs...you were busy girl! Great job ... blessings to you and your husband!

    Karen

    maddenmom at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute card. I remember you from the last blog hop....I couldn't believe you had to make that many cards! Way to go!

    Corinna
    www.myscrapbooklife.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweeeeet flower on your card!! And I love your challenges of making cards per comment....keeps me busy shipping out boxes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, 2 blogs! You are super productive girl! I love the red, white and blue flower and might have to buy that die, lol.

    Thanks again for supporting OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice card- glad I will be pushing you to make even more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute blog!! Love your card and dedication to OWH!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute card. Thanks for sharing your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE This card and I am a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cArd!!! Thank you to you and your husband for your sacrifices!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bautiful card and thanks for sharing your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Erika,

    I remember you from our last blog hop. Your story is very inspiring. May God bless your husband and your family during this trying time. It is my hope that he can return home soon.

    In the mean time, I think it's great that you have taken the time to give back to Operation Write Home. Your card is very pretty. I really like the flower design!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card! Many safe returns to your hubby! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great cards. I've never seen ippity stamps and am liking what I see already. Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like how you popped the flowers....Thanks, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great card. Best wishes to you hubby and his safe return.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your card and sending prayer for your husband safety and thank you for all that he and you do.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the card! Thanks for all you and all OWH participants do for our guys and gals overseas. My youngest soldier is also currently in Iraq. Thank your DH for his service!

    Cynthia Ferenz
    Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers
    stampindragon at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great card,love that flower. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful card - and here is ONE more card that you just 'have' to do for the troops! :) Thank you for the inspiration and your dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Erika Sweetie...
    I am Country Wings your newest follower. How exciting your card is. I love the way the flower pops on the card. I love the star center. You have inspired me to give it a try. I have never made a card, but am going to make some for OWH. It sounds as though You may be receiving some of these cards yourself. I will be keeping your husband and your family in my prayers sweetie. I know this will be so hard on you all.

    Thank you for the opportunity to win some eye candy goodness. I love it. As I do not have supplies to start I am crossing my fingers. I am going in search today through the house to see what I might have to make a few cards too. I have been shut in for one month and had 2 weeks added on Friday. I am having issues with my lungs and acute asthma so I cannot go outside. At least this is something I can do from my recliner. I am so excited. Thank you for the inspiration my friend.

    Please stop by and say hi. I would be so honored if you signed up to follow my blog as well.

    Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  35. Cool! I love the vellum and the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow! I thought I was seeing double! But you are so fabulous you are worth following twice. :D Thanks for sharing! Oh that little bottle cap mushroom flower thing there on the side of the blog? Cutest dang thing ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful card & I'm a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks to you and your DH for his service. Another nice card! Hope that you have to make LOTS of cards for OWH!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  39. Very lovely card. Hope your hero hubby comes back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love your blog and applaud your efforts! I just became a follower since I really have been here a few times. Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Fantastic flower for this Miss You card. Thank you for participating in the OWH efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Lovely 3D flower... God bless you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful card! Love the flower and star brad!!! Thank you and your husband for all you do for our great nation!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love your diagonal card! Such a sweet picture of you and your DH--please thank him for his service on our behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I have actually been looking for an Ippity rep - I'm glad I stumbled upon you! I really liked the cards you made - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Ericka...Beautiful card! May God bless you and your soldier!

    ~Courtney~

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love the card and off to look at the Ippity stamps... :)

    Here's to you beating last hop's 150 cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Awesome card- love the brad center and great LO! Hats off to you and your family for their dedication to service for the USA- we did watch Hurt Locker....it was pretty wild! We have a neighbor's son who was in Iraq working as a EOD specialist for a year- pretty intense. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I want to make sure you have plenty of cards to make. Thanks for being so generous with your talents especially since you've already given us a soldier.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Very cute card!!! Thanks for making cards for our military!!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Gorgeous card! I love the flower on vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I'm leaving a comment just so you have to make another card! Thanks for supporting our troops!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Quite a commitment to make a card for each comment. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Aha! Another card for OWH! Thank you again for your familys service, have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  55. thank you and your family for their service day in day out.
    love the pretty flowers

    ReplyDelete
  56. Please thank your husband for us!!

    GREAT card, love the flower!

    New follower. and a fellow OWHomer,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  57. Deja Vu is right...for a second I thought I was truly losing it - Hah - not an unusual state of things. Love the flowers and the see through peek a boo. Thanks for hopping twice and commiting to so many cards.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love the flower on your card. I became a follower of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Beautiful card. Love your flower. Thanks for sharing and thanks for your commitment to make a card for each comment.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Wonderful card! I really like your vellum as a background to make the flower pop!

    ReplyDelete
  61. I love the layered flowers. Thanks for participating in the blog hop (times 2.)

    ReplyDelete
  62. cute card! i love that ippity stamp. thanks for sharing. Many prayers for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Cute card I love that flower set and ink it often. Prayers for your hubby;s safety thanks so much fot\r your families service

    ReplyDelete
  64. Beautiful card, love how you did the flower and added the star brad!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Erika, I just love the way you layered the flower after stamping it! I like the stamps very much and I'll have to come back and order some from you soon!

    Thanks for a chance at the blog candy!

    Carmen L
    cal8007 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  66. Prayers going out to your husband and that he comes home safely!! Thanks for sharing your cute cards and being apart of OWH!!

    ReplyDelete
  67. I absolutely love this card... the star brad is perfect!

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Happy Memorial Day!
    God Bless our Soldiers & their families!

    ~Ola
    okj83 at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  68. Thank you so much for your family's sacrifice for all of our freedom and safety. I'm sending a prayer for your husbands safe return to your arms. Your card is so pretty. Love the flower.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a look. Leave a comment - they make me smile!