Lots of crafting went on today!
For Day 3 365 Cards challenged us to use string art to make a card. I must say - this one was daunting but SO exciting! I've always enjoyed cross stitching, but don't do it often (don't want my cat or daughter getting a hold of the needles!). So I explored the web a bit and found some cute patterns; this is what I came up with:
The first was originally a pattern for a breast cancer ribbon. But to me it looked perfect for an Any Hero card for Operation Write Home. The stamped image is from Stampin' Up - their jumbo wheel stamp titled Hero. It was embossed using buttercup (Thanks to my sister-in-law Amanda!).
The 2nd card I used string art for the flower and the leaf. Originally it was a bouquet style pattern with 4 flowers and 2 leaves, but I was running low on the beads I wanted to use so I cut it down some. The stamps used are both from Stampin' Up. I used the Medallion stamp. I simply embossed it using clear powder to give the purple paper some pop. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up's curvy verses set. It says: Two Simple words that come with so much gratitude...thank you. When I colored it with the pink I really wasn't sure about how it was going to turn out - but love how it all came together in the end.
I will definitely be using this technique more. Thanks for challenging me 365!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Wow - two wonderful cards - you were really thinking outside the box, and I love 'em both!!
ReplyDelete