Friday, March 19, 2010

Operation Write Home Blog Hop!!

(*If reading this feels like Deja vu....that's because it is! I have 2 blogs on this hop and due to lack of time didn't change up the text...sorry! But I did do a different card for each blog.)

Yay it's Blog Hop Day!!! I LOVE blog hops - especially for Operation Write Home!

If you've just come here - the start of the blog hop is at OWH Stars & Stamps.  Go there to be able to check out all of the amazingly creative people participating!

If you're following along with the hop, that means you've arrived here from Collette's page - doesn't she has beautiful cards?

The mission of Operation Write Home is to "support our nation's armed forces by sending blank greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them."

Initially I found Operation Write Home (then called Cards For Heros) through the Memorial Day blog hop in 2009.  The day of the hop was the same day that I found out my hubby was on his way home from his 3rd deployment.  Unfortunately, he's deployed yet again - his 3rd tour in Iraq (last time he was in Afghanistan).  This is one of the many reasons this Operation is close to my heart.  In addition to my hubby's service as an EOD Tech for the Air Force (Seen Hurt Locker? That's what he does....only in a more responsible manner!)  In addition to his service both of my grandfather's have served during WWII, an uncle, and a cousin that is also in Iraq right now.  Their service is so inspiring to me and others.

Thanks to my mom I have always had a craving to create - so this is the perfect outlet for me since I prefer cards over scrapbook pages (a card can be done in 15 min...a page can take much, much longer).

So without further ado - my "thinking of you" card:
*Recipe: Stamped images are from Stampin' Up's Thoughts & Prayers. Patterned paper is from DCWV Green Stack.

Now...for info on the BLOG CANDY! Yay! I will be drawing a random winner from those who comment here at my blog.  To be considered for the prize in your comment state whatever you'd like AND the deadline for Mother's Day Cards to OWH.  And to make it even easier - I'll provide that date - April 1st! That's right - they are due by April 1st so the shipper's have time to organize and send them, and then for them to be sent back in time for Mother's Day - so get crafty and make a few!  Be sure to check back Monday morning to find out if you're the lucky winner and for info on how to get your prize!

AND - In addition to blog candy I am committing to make 1 card for each comment left - if you want to put duplicate messages please feel free - it just means more cards to the heros and their families!(Especially since I have 2 stops on this hop - so be sure to check them both out to double up the amount of work I need to get to!)

So - leave me a comment, and then head to the next blog from Betty - She has the best quote at the start of her blog - so true!

63 comments:

  1. Your card is simple but elegant. Love that you decorated the inside too. Deadline for Mother's Day Cards is April 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Thanks for sharing your story! I hope you get lots of comments and get to make lots of cards:) I think I will do he same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your card is beautiful...love the color combo....Deadline for Mother's Day Cards is APril 1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is lovely and such a great thing to make a card for every comment. Deadline for mother's day is 4/1.

    ReplyDelete
  5. April 1st of course. Finished my M day cards and sent them in last month. Cute card, pretty color combo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deadline for mother's day is 4/1. Sent in mind early (for once). I was scrolling down your blog and saw the Pooh Bear card. Love it! (cardkel@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tree of Life reminds me of Spring.

    thank you for sharing twice!
    darlene a

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohmygosh I didn't know he was EOD! Ack. That always gets me praying WAY harder when I see that in their address!!!!

    Cute card - I think I need that tree,I keep seeing it on so many pretty cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. I love that stamp. TFS. The Mother's Day Deadline is April 1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep thought it was "deju vu all over again" and so I'm glad you set me straight! Love your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice color combination of brown and green and the inside touch is especially nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you better get busy making cards! Love the card, and the blog is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I finally made it to your second blog - such great cards! As soon as I'm done I'll get cracking on those Mother's Day cards for the April 1 deadline!

    jeanne706 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice colors used on your card! April 1st


    AprilsL8@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. yay! What a wonderful pledge to make a card for every comment. Your cards are so graceful I love the tree. You are going to be busy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great card. I love the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card. The deadline for Mother's day cards is April 1.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the stamp you used. Awesome card. And the deadline is April 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The brown and teal look wonderful against the white.The deadline for the Mother's Day cards is April 1.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card!! I love that you also stamped the tree image on the inside of the card. The deadline for Mother's day cards for OWH is 4/1/2010

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love both blogs, you go girl your a busy woman.
    Bless you for working with OWH.
    God bless you,
    Jeanine #14 on the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card! The deadline for Mother's Day cards is April 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your card today, that is a great stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this card as much as your other. How many Mom cards will you have in by the 1st?

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the tree image, simple and lovely! And don't forget the deadline for Mother's Day cards is April 1st!
    hiscreation2@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really like those stamps! Makes a pretty card! I hope people get the Mom's Day cards in well before April 1!

    ReplyDelete
  27. April 1st is the deadline and you do lovely work!!! Prayers and thanks go out to your husband for his sacrifice and service!!!

    As a military spouse and someone new to OWH, I thank you for taking part in this awesome blog hop and in OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very nice card with tree image inside as well. Thanks for making a card for each comment. Due date for Mother's Day card is April 1st. Thanks for your husband's serving our country and your family's supports.

    ReplyDelete
  29. That tree is so beautiful! I have a big box of cards going off to Dixie tomorrow, well before the Mother's Day deadline of April 1st! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love that SU stamp set, it's one I am just going to have to buy. (This bloghop is costing me money, I swear! :)

    And the mother's day deadline is April 1 - but fortunately my box has already been sent!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. pretty card!! i like the quick ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love this blog! Your card is great! Please tell your hubby thank you for all he does!

    ReplyDelete
  33. That tree is just GREAT... love all the corner rounding, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful card. I love your blog backgrounds. Yummy strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Erika, I also love this stamp but don't have it - yet! This card is so lovely - it is clean and simple, but elegant. Beautiful (like your daughter). And don't forget, April 1 is the deadline for Mother's Day! Blessings, Louise

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your card is beautiful, perfect for Mother's Day. That deadline April 1. Thanks to hubby for serving!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks for sharing and being a wife, niece and cousin of those deployed, in addition to supporting OWH. April 1st is the deadline for Mothers Day!

    I appreciate you stopping by my blog during the hop and leaving your kind words. Good luck in my OWH giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Glad I'm not crazy--when I arrived at your stop I knew I had seen your picture previously! Love your blog wallpaper. You sure will be busy making cards, especially if you plan to make that April 1 Mother's Day deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  39. great job!! love the colors and all..

    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the tree stamp- so sweet! And the don't forget the deadline for Mother's Day Cards is April 1st!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful card! I love that tree..it's awesome! Thanks for committing to help OWH! My daughter is a soldier who will be leaving again soon to go to Afghanistan. They are so appreciative of anything they receive from the states, but the cards always hit their hearts! I got my cards in before the April 1st dealine for Mother's Day cards. It's always better not to have the shippers get hit so hard on the last couple days. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love your clean style and that tree stamp is awesome! Thanks for sharing! Deadline for Mother's day cards is 4/1.

    ReplyDelete
  43. The deadline is April 1st. I've already been to your other blog, so this will double up the cards that you'll be making for OWH! Hope that most folks got their cards in before then so the poor shippers don't get slammed! Again, thanks to you and your husband for your service! It IS appreciated.
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  44. Deadline = 4/1/10!!! I just wanted to tell you that I love your card AND your very Strawberry-y blog. :) Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love your card.....and the dated is April 1....thank you for sharing with us and to say thank you to your DH for his service.....
    gw0109@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. I just LOVE the simple elegance of your card! I'm going to get my cards in the mail asap to make sure they get there by the Mother's Day deadline of April 1. :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love that tree! Such a simple, elegant card! As for the MD deadline, it's Apr. 1.

    ReplyDelete
  48. What a beautiful card- I love the way you used a portion of the image on part of it. THANK YOU for sharing your husband and I wish that he is home with you safe and sound soon.

    Deadline for Mother's Day cards is April 1 !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Beautiful card. Love the color combination. The deadline for Mother's Day cards is on April 1st. :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Thank you for your commitment to make another card for our service people just for me posting a comment! Love the little touch you added on the inside of your card. Makes it so special. I'm getting my box shipped tomorrow to make that April 1st deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love the green and brown combo - you'd think it would be a common combo like trees but I don't think of it often. I need to use that set more too, it's so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    April 1st is the deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  52. You are going to be very busy making cards. For a great cause! Thanks. Mother's Day deadline is April 1.
    Golda @ gorotajo@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love that image and beautiful card! April 1st deadlines (oh MY!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  54. What a lovely creation!!! I am loving that fabulous tree!!! I haven't made very many Mother's Day cards for OWH, but I am going to get the ones I have completed in by the April 1st deadline. Being the mother of a soldier...I know how special it is to receive a little note when our babies are far from home:o) My thoughts and prayers are with your husband and your family!!! Thank you for sharing your creativity!!

    Big HUGS!!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  55. Fantastic card! I'd best get working on some Mother's Day cards to get them in by the April 1 deadline! Thx for supporting OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Beautiful card!!! Thanks and prayers to your husband and to you. I know it must be very very hard to see him deployed once again. My little brother just returned last week from a second deployment to Iraq. Thanks again for supporting OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Now I am making you do another card. You did catch me off guard and was glad that you had the note at the top about this being your other blog....I actually noticed the picture of you and your hubby again before I started reading anything.

    I love your tree card too. It's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Beautiful card - love it. Thank you for sharing your card and your personal story with us. Best wishes to you. Thanks for being a part of the Operation Write Home blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  59. I'm still working my way through the blog hop! It was so big! I love it! Thanks for sharing your story, and that's a beautiful wedding photo of your hubby and you! I like the way you used the tree on your card - I have a few different tree stamps that I love but haven't quite found a good way to use! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a look. Leave a comment - they make me smile!