Wednesday, March 10, 2010

365 Card Challenge Day 8

365 Card's challenge for day 8 is to make a card based on the idea of the phrase "Outer Space."

I really didn't know what to do, but knew I wanted to use the star print paper from the DCVW Stack 6 Paper pack.  Then I was organizing some of my embellishments I came upon the button with the rockets on it from a Rough & Tough button pack by Fancy Pants and knew it'd be perfect.  To top it off I used glittery* letters from Making Memories mini shimmer alpha. 

*Just a quick interjection - for OWH cards do NOT use glitter.  It can make the soldiers visible to night vision goggles if it becomes loose and gets on them.  I need to check with the OWH ladies to see if these letters will be okay since they have a coating over them preventing the glitter from coming off... I'll let you know what they say!

On to the card: 

2 comments:

  1. so sweet... :) love the star..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. I am pretty careful to not send anything to OWH that has any kind of glitter on it. However, I do know that, in the past, if they were sent cards they could not use, they passed them on to other charities. So...go for it. Thanks for playing at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a look. Leave a comment - they make me smile!