Sunday, March 7, 2010

OWH Stars and Stamps Sketch #7

brought to you by.... ME!

That's right! This is the first sketch that I've created and shared and OWH Stars & Stamps is using it! Yay!

If you're coming from there, thanks for checking out my blog.

They didn't put it in their post, but of this week's participants I will be picking someone randomly for some blog candy!

So here's my card: 

 
My intention of this card was to have the sentiment be vertical in the middle stripe. I love the colors on this card, but am not happy with the sentiment, so don't be surprised if I participate in this sketch again.  I also put some squared scraps of the pattern inside as you can see in the 2nd picture.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for providing this week's sketch! I will admit that this will be a difficult challenge for me. I have a hard time combining lots of patterns so I'm looking forward to seeing just how far out of my box I can step! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika, This was a challenging challenge! I, like Wendy above, have such a hard time with combining patterns/colors. I looked at yours and knew instantly that you skillfully put different patterns together. I thought about color, but then the patterns were not right. I think I somewhat cheated by each strip not being different, but I have added knowledge to some of my brain cells, so it is good. Thanks so much and blessings, Louise

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great sketch for many different themes of cards! Thanks, Erika!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a terrific sketch, Erika! You arranged those patterns perfectly. I like that you put some of the color inside the card too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a unique and fun sketch to do! You've really created a great card with combining all those designer papers, and I love the sentiment panel too! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank for the great sketch. what a great way to use up small left over paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors are great.. I "cheated" a bit and put mine horizontally but I love how you used the "mismatch" letters to create the vertical sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  8. This started out looking simple, but, picking various colors or patterns WAS the challenge. Thanks for the sketch, I will definitely try this more than once! (hiscreation2)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a look. Leave a comment - they make me smile!